First off, I meant to post Luke’s 8 week pictures and update, but we were busy celebrating both my husband and my brother (two different people) birthday yesterday. I will get to it, I promise. There is so much that I want to post about today, but I’m not sure how to go about doing so coherently so I am just going to bullet list this post.
- I called Edgepark on Friday to get the formula coverage started. They set up an account for Luke, and at the time I was waiting for the doctor to fax in the prescription and for the insurance company to authorize the claim. I checked online today and couldn’t log into Luke’s account. Apparently pretty much everything the guy entered in was incorrect. He set up an account for Jude Zeppenhangel not Luke *our last name*, entered our address wrong, added numbers to our insurance member id and said that 9 cans would last us 3 months. After correcting all the mistakes, we have to wait for the insurance to be verified again, the doctor has to resubmit the diagnostic codes and prescription and the insurance has to authorize the formula. Edgepark said that it could take up to a week for all of this to happen. Thankfully the pediatricians office is willing to work with me through this so they know what to do for future patients.
- Yesterday my brother celebrated his 33rd birthday, and my husband turned 32. Other than getting pretty pissed when my dad blew out my husbands candles the day went pretty well. My husband opened the football jersey he had been wanting seconds after midnight, and then opened the rest of his gifts before the Broncos game. I’d say they both thoroughly enjoyed their day. I was a bit emotional though because its was the first birthday either of us had with a baby. To be honest I was jealous that my husband got the first shot at a birthday as a parent.
- I am having a heck of a time trying to figure out how often and for how long Luke should be sleeping. I have let him take the lead and followed his cues, but he seems to have longer wake and sleep patterns than other babies at his age. His daily schedule seems to be pretty consistent when we are home:
- 12 am falls asleep
- 4 am wakes up to eat and goes right back to sleep
- 6 am wakes up to eat and goes right back to sleep
- 8:30 am wakes up and eats. Plays until his first nap
- 11 am goes down for first nap of the day
- 1 pm wakes up from nap and eats. Plays until nap time
- 4 pm goes down for second nap
- 8 pm wakes up from nap and eats
- 12 am goes down for bed
- He eats a few more times in some of the longer stretches, but consistently sleeps 4-6 hour stretches at a time, with 3-4 hour wake times. Not only that, but we are working on getting him to sleep somewhere other than in my arms. At night he is snuggled in right next to me (makes for easy feedings) but during the day I can’t lay in bed with him for 4 hours while he naps. I mean I could, but I have stuff to do around the apartment. I’ve been successful a few times getting him to fall asleep in his swing, but never just laying in a rock n play or on the bed. I am working on getting him to get himself to sleep, and sleep on his own, so I can get stuff done.
- Today I got the kitchen all cleaned up. I scrubbed everything and cleaned out the fridge. It took quite a bit longer than I had wanted, but at least it is done.
- I’m having surgery in a week and a half. I am starting to freak out a bit because last time I had surgery with this doctor at this hospital, I wound up staying for 3 days with an elevated heart rate and unimaginable pain. I will have a 9 week old baby, I can’t stay at the hospital. I’m really worried about my husband and my son. While I love my husband, he hasn’t had to take care of Luke on his own for more than a few minutes while I was in the shower or cooking dinner. I’m always right there for help if he needs it. While I have every bit of confidence that my husband can take care of Luke for an hour or two, I am nervous that something will happen and Luke will freak out.
I can’t even remember what else I wanted to post about. Little man has woken up since beginning to write this post and is demanding attention.