Last night I noticed an increase in fluid leaking from between my legs and an increase in the intensity of my contractions. I made it through the night and decided to see if I was still leaking in the morning before deciding whether or not to go to the hospital. All morning I struggled and wound up calling my husband at 1:45pm to come pick me up and take me to the hospital. The contractions were so bad I couldn’t stand it and every time I had a contraction or Luke moved more fluid would come out.
We got to the hospital and were taken to room 6……the same room we have every single time. The quick amniotic analysis came back negative so the nurse went to get the midwife while they monitored my contractions a bit. They had a hard time finding Luke’s heart beat but were able to located it and get him on a monitor. The contraction one wasn’t working though and only about 60% of my contractions were being picked up by the sensor. The midwife came in and watched me struggle with contractions, timing them herself and confirmed what I had been saying all along.
The midwife did a speculum exam and said she didn’t see any pooling or active leaking, but got swabs to check for amniotic fluid, yeast infection and BV…..all came back negative. We discussed the morphine sleep and decided to go ahead with it. The nurse had a difficult time trying to find a vein, but got one and injected morphine and phenergan. I fell asleep almost immediately but was woken up 45 minutes later by the nurse coming to check on me. I was unable to fall back to sleep so I asked for more morphine. The new midwife on call refused to give me more morphine and let me get back to sleep. Instead I was given a script for extended release ambien, 2 regular ambien and told to go see my ob in the morning.
To say that I am exhausted would be an understatement. I feel like they thought I was a junkie looking for a fix…..not a 31 year old woman in excruciating pain. I’m sick of hurting, sick of being tired and just plain sick of all of this. I am really ready for him to be on the outside. While I really want the ambein to work, there is a large part of me that knows it won’t. I told the midwife that at this point even if I were to go into labor on my own, I don’t think I could physically deliver Luke due to severe exhaustion. She said that I am at the stage in pregnancy where I am just done and there isn’t anything else they can do for the pain. I am so incredibly over it!
At this point, I go in at 8:20 for my regularly scheduled 39 week appointment and am going to demand that they schedule the induction for either Sunday or Monday. I’m going to demand an ultrasound to verify that he is in the “proper position” and have them do a sweep.